At Palladino Law, we understand two key realities of hiring and employing people: (1) HR/managers need to be proactive to ensure employees are hired, managed and treated lawfully and effectively; and (2) even the most proactive companies/organizations ultimately face disputes with their candidates, employees and former employees.
Whether you have no dedicated HR function, are a single-person department or are an experienced dedicated HR Department, being proactive doesn’t just mean having great policies, procedures and operations. It means educating your leadership, human resources professionals, managers and workforce to ensure they know how to communicate, work together and enhance productivity.
No matter how hard you try, you will have disenchanted employees. Litigation can be expensive – not just the lawyers – but also in the form the lost productivity of other employees, the distraction on the business and the reputational risks. Litigation must be managed strategically, aggressively and artfully. If a current or former employee threatens or commences legal action, you need someone who has a practical, aggressive and results-oriented approach to defending litigation.
Palladino Law provides Employers/Human Resources with the following counseling and litigation representation services:
- Expert legal representation/defense in all forms of employment litigation in Massachusetts and federal fair employment practices agencies, and in state and federal courts, in matters involving:
- Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation based on protected categories including, but not limited to, age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, religion
- Wrongful discipline, including wrongful termination of employment
- Wage and hour, including overtime and minimum wage
- Employee leave, including FMLA, pregnancy and disability leave
- Breach of contract, including executive pay, sales commissions and bonuses
- Virtual In-House Employment Lawyer – for small, growing companies learning the complexity of an increasing workforce size. “On call” guidance, policies, representation. The look and feel of an in-house lawyer without the overhead.
- Recruiting process, offer letters and background checks
- Employee Handbooks and Policies – Accommodations (ADA), Leaves of Absence (FMLA/Sick Leave), Remote Work, Data Privacy and Security
- Compensation – wage and hour, fair pay, independent contractors
- Investigations of Misconduct
- Non-Competition, Confidentiality and Trade Secret Agreements and Enforcement
- Discrimination, Harassment, Retaliation
- Compliance Training, including Equal Employment Opportunity, Harassment, Retaliation
- Performance Management and Leadership Training to enhance a culture of compliance, communication and fair treatment
- Investigations Training for Human Resources professionals and in-house counsel